For Việt Nam Scoliosis Patients / U.S. Professional Licensed Chiropractic / CLEAR Certified / CLEAR Intensive Care Certified Scoliosis Treatment
Neck Pain and Chiropractic
Neck Pain and Chiropractic
Neck pain affects a significant number of individuals. The reason is that the neck region contains much delicate, pain sensitive structures commonly exposed to abuse and abnormal stresses. Incomplete rehabilitation of past injuries, poor posture, prolonged sitting, and lack of periodic spinal alignments are some of the more common factors in the development of neck problems.
Fortunately, unlike prescription drugs, most chiropractic procedures addressthe cause of the majority of neck problems. Best of all, chiropractic care is safe, natural, and noninvasive... no side effects allowed!
CAUSES OF NECK PAIN
There are many causes for neck pain. Some causes result from acute injuries which cannot be avoided, such as an automobile accident resulting in a whiplash-type injury. Other causes can be avoided and result from the use of "bad" or improper habits and techniques, such as poor posture and improper lifting. These "other causes" make up the majority of neck pain causes and can be effectively treated once the cause is identified and the appropriate measures to avoid these "bad" and improper habits and techniques are implemented.
The chiropractic treatments for neck pain incorporate the use of many therapies, all of which are gentle, safe, natural and noninvasive. However, the true power of chiropractic care is found in the chiropractic adjustment - the most effective and essential treatment employed by the chiropractor. The reason? Quite simply, the spinal adjustment corrects the major problems that the majority of neck pain sufferers have.
Healthy Living Tips For Neck and Upper Back Pain
- Regular spinal checkups. Maintaining proper alignment and functioning of the neck and upper back through periodic spinal adjustments minimizes the stresses to structures of the cervical and thoracic spine. Also, keeping the nervous system free from interference ensures proper communication within the body, keeping you happy and healthy.
- Practice proper posture, lifting and ergonomics. Practicing proper posture, lifting techniques and ergonomics are key in reducing neck and back injuries at work and play and minimizing future recurrences of past injuries.
- Regular exercise. Routine physical activity keeps the heart healthy and keeps the spine as well as the rest of the body strong and healthy. An effective exercise program should consist of a minimum of 3 sessions per week for 40 minutes.
- Proper diet and nutrition. Providing your body with the proper fuel increases performance, reduces the likelihood of injury and sickness, speeds recovery after injury, and keeps you feeling good. If, like the rest of us, you're finding it difficult to get all the nutrients your body needs, it's probably time to supplement.
- Utilize stress management techniques. Stress is most often carried in the shoulders, upper back and yes, neck. While stress can't be totally eliminated there are effective techniques to help bring it under control.
If you're suffering from neck pain, join the millions of other individuals who have benefited from gentle, safe and natural chiropractic care. Our treatments provide fast, effective relief which not only eliminates pain, but can help increase the performance and health of the entire body.