For Việt Nam Scoliosis Patients / U.S. Professional Licensed Chiropractic / CLEAR Certified / CLEAR Intensive Care Certified Scoliosis Treatment
Stress Management and Chiropractic
Facts About Stress
- Stress-related disorders are fast becoming the most prevalent reason for worker disability according to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
- Job stress and related problems cost American companies an estimated $200 billion or more annually through absenteeism, turnover, accidents, etc.
- The World Health Organization calls job stress a "worldwide epidemic."
- 40 million Americans take antidepressant drugs daily!!!
- After the death of a spouse, the average life span of the surviving spouse is one year.
- Stress destroys the immune system, and ruins your health.
Stress Management Techniques
- In with the Good Air, Out with the Bad
Take a breathing break. Frequent short breaks during the day allow you to breathe deeply and relax your mind, preventing stress build-up.
- Know the Enemy
What, exactly, is stressing you out? Is it your job? Your home life? Your relationships? Without knowing the root of the problem, you are unlikely to resolve it
- Move It or Lose It
Begin an exercise program. Exercise helps release endorphins, which relieves stress.
- Let Go
Recognize the difference between the things you can control and the things you cannot. Make a list of these two categories. Starting today, make a pact with yourself to stop stressing about the things in your job you have no control over.
- Beware of the To Do List
Take note of all the good work you do and give yourself credit for it. Set short-term goals and allow yourself to take satisfaction in achieving them. Most people have too many long term goals, and have too many things on their minds at the same time.
- Develop a Tough Skin
Try not to personalize any criticism you receive. Look at negative comments as constructive criticism that allows you to improve your work. "Who cares what other people think?"
- Share the Load
Delegate or share work whenever possible. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you are the only person who can do the job right. Your coworkers and boss might start to buy into that concept as well.
- Don't Make Work a Four Letter Word.
Job stress builds when our minds are constantly focused on work. Strive for balance in your life. Make time for family, friends, hobbies and most importantly, fun.
- Get Adjusted by chiropractic doctor!!
Your nervous system is how your body deals with stress! The easier it is for your body to deal with stress, the less of a deal it will seem to be!